Friday, June 10, 2016

Magic beans are harder to make than you would think!

 This turned out to be one of those weeks where I start a million things, paintings, posts, sketches, etc and finish nothing. I didn't even have anything to take a photo of yet so I am posting this even though they were a fail.....

I wanted to create magic beans...
they are made of fimo and some of them are painted,
 and I sprayed them all with the sealant I use for my rocks.
That was my mistake...
apparently on fimo clay it just doesn't dry. 
They are cute but sticky and when you scrape them with your fingernail the paint and sealant come off.
I must have needed to sand them more...
Maybe I will try again, as I think the world needs magic beans...





Actually I did finish something... 
I posted it on tuesday here...
Hope you all had a more productive week than me.


8 comments:

  1. Andrea these are adorable! The world DOES need magic beans! :) I am sure there are better finishes suited for the clay/paint! We use Mod Podge and Sculpey brand matte or satin finish for some of our work but as it is mostly for indoor work, I do not know if that would work for you. It would be worth trying a few different ones. . . or googling as there are hundreds of idea/helpful tip threads floating on the web! Also I use the flesh toned Super Sculpey for almost all of my painted miniature and statue work. It takes acrylic paint very, very well!

    Keep making beans! And just enjoy the creative energy around all the projects you worked on. . . finishing will come in time! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE need these cute magic beans. I just went to a polymer workshop. We used Preserve Your Memories II spray finish for the polymer. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think you did a pretty good job for the first time. I LOVE them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some weeks can be like that... I often have one.
    Magic beans... now I like the sound of them. Good luck with the coming week.
    Happy PPF to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your magic beans hope you figure out a way to make them work!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, they certainly are lovely, even if sticky. The world definitely need magic beans!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The world deffo needs magic beans! They are so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete