Thursday, September 22, 2016

Little green pumpkin tutorial

I said I would show you how to make the little pumpkin I posted a few days ago with two newly decorated mantel. It's not complicated or all that unique but it was a quick fun fall decoration. So here it is......

Materials: 
1/2 yard of any fabric, (I used scraps of green linen)
Hot glue gun
Twigs clipped from outside
Polyester fiberfill
Needle and thread
Twine or cord


Easy step #1:

Trace a large plate and a small bowl (anywhere around 12" diameter for the large pumpkin,and for the tiny pumpkin I traced a candle about 4" diameter.)


Easy step#2:
Cut it out on the line, and run a loose stitch about 1/4" from the edge.



Easy step #3: pull your stitches tight. 


Easy step#4: stuff each pumpkin, and sew the opening closed. I wrapped more green three around the larger one to make the sections of the pumpkin.


Clip a stem from a branch outside or use a cinnamon stick and hot glue it to the top of the pumpkins. Tie a piece of jute or raffia to the stem.


1 comment:

  1. very easy to follow :) an good idea to use of scarp fabric. I could make a fuzzy pink pumpkin lol

    ReplyDelete