Friday, February 2, 2018

My messy art desk and yellow.

Here is a glimpse of my desk and some of the yellow dot paintings I have called insomnia circles as I see them when I can’t sleep at night. I imagine a whole series of them, I am thinking I may make them into an art book. Not to print or anything, just a handmade book, because I paint them in the front and back of the paper...




This is what I see lately, but I also imagine a series of white on white art, so those may show up someday as well....

I really can’t explain why yellow polkadots.... it is just what appears. But I do love yellow. 
And the song: 
Yellow by Coldplay

“Look at the stars 
Look how they shine for you 
And everything you do 
Yeah they were all yellow”





My daughter, Jess couldn’t say yellow when she was young, so she called her yellow blanket her “lello” .

This piece is called ‘yellow planet’


I looked up the symbolic meaning of yellow in the internet and got this.....”Yellow, the color of sunshine, hope, and happiness, stands for freshness, happiness, positivity, clarity, energy, optimism, enlightenment, remembrance, intellect, honor, loyalty, and joy”


This piece is called ‘hope floats”

According to dreammoods.com: “If the dream is a pleasant one, then the color yellow is symbolic of intellect, energy, agility, happiness, harmony, and wisdom. On the other hand, if the dream is an unpleasant one, then the color represents deceit, disgrace, betrayal, cowardice and sickness.”
But then I am deliriously awake and not dreaming......



According to 
this site yellow does the following: 

  • Makes it easier to take decisions and think clearly
  • Stimulates the nervous system
  • Sharpens memory and concentration
  • Encourages communication
I don’t know about any of it,.....

I just like yellow!

12 comments:

  1. Oh these are wonderful! I'm not typically a yellow fan, but I love your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice "mellow yellow" projects Andrea! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow planet! How fun-great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow is wonderful, as are your creations and the Coldplay song! :) Yellow represents the element of air which is really all about thought, ideas and the intellect...very suitable for you :)

    I'm sorry you have insomnia. My bf Alex is going through that at the moment. He gets it every other month or so and it's really difficult for him. I hope you find some rest soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you, yellow is my fave! And what would we do without it in our palette? Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those yellow circle pieces are wonderful Andrea! As for the insomnia, I find myself getting doses of it more of late because I have so much I want to do that the moment I open my eyes the brain starts poking at me wanting to mull over all the ideas and, unfortunately, I seem to open my eyes in the middle of the night a bit too often these days! lol I think it's great that you found something to put that into creatively as well! "Hope Floats" is my favorite of them so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A round orb is supposed to represent the soul, I hear. And yours is bright and sunny yellow! You are bringing your soul out into your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your yellow art is stunning. Dropping over from Paint Party Friday and saw your name.
    Blessings
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE these...and I am inspired! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you do with your yellow orbs too Andrea.
    "Hope Floats" is my favourite. Happy PPF!


    ReplyDelete
  11. I love color theory and believe we use colors whether subconsciously or not because there is something there impacting us. I hope that makes sense. Love the insomnia circles, each one is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete